Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Monday, May 21, 2012

More Than An Old Tan

To the tune of the Bee Gees’ “More Than A Woman”…




Oh, C I've known you very well
I've seen you growing everyday
I never really ‘screened before
But now you take my health away.


Suddenly you're in my life
Part of everything I do
You got docs working day and night
Just trying to get a hold on you.


Here under arm I had my lymph node splice
My only chance for healthiness
And if I loose you now I think I would die.


They say you'll always be my Black C
You can make scans shine, you can last forever
Just a minute while I whine.


More than an old tan, more than an old tan to me
More than an old tan, more than an old tan to me
More than an old tan, oh, oh, oh.


There are warriors bold and true
Good people hand in glove like you and me
And I can’t see myself
Let your story repeat itself.


Reflecting how I feel ‘bout you
Thinking 'bout these warriors then I know
That for a thousand years
I'd stall with drugs so you don’t win.


This is the only way that we should fight
This is the only way to go
And if I lose one-love I'll know I did try.


They say you'll always be my Black C
You can take your time, you can wait forever
Just a minute at a time.


More than skin cancer, more than skin cancer to me
More than skin cancer, more than skin cancer to me
More than skin cancer, oh, oh, oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment