Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Heartbreak Hotel

The Hotel Melanoma is now on Facebook. That’s probably nothing to celebrate, but I’m going to do it anyway with a new rendition of Elvis Presley’s “Heartbreak Hotel”…


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PotB76gi2_4


Well, since my Black C met me
Well, I found a new place to dwell
Well, it's down at the end of UV Street
At Heartbreak Hotel


Where I'll be
I'll be there not lonely baby
Well, I'm not lonely
I'll be there not lonely, I could cry


Although it's always crowded
You still can find a room
More cell mutated tanners
Are bound to check in soon


Be so
I'll be so not lonely, baby
I’ll be so not lonely
They're not lonely, they did fry


Now, the bell hop's moles aren’t growin'
And the desk clerk's tattoo’s black
Well, they lived so long on Zelboraf
They'll never, never look back


And know they’re not
They’ll know they’re not lonely baby
Well, they're not lonely
Well, they're not lonely, they could cry


Well now if your Black C grieves you
And you’ve got a tale to tell
Well, just take a walk down Facebook Street
To Heartbreak Hotel


Where you won’t be
It could make you not lonely, baby
Well you won’t be lonely
You'll won’t be lonely, you did fry


Although the future’s clouded
You still can find some tunes
For cell mutated tanners
To croon in sports bar room


And know they’re not
And know they’re not lonely, baby
Well, they're not lonely
They'll be not lonely, they did fry

1 comment:

  1. I adore Elvis and I will look you up on FB.

    Have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete