Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Ides of May

Okay, it’s May 15th and I’ve yet to see anything about melanoma awareness education on my favorite cancer treatment center’s Facebook page. I know it’s not Pinktober and melanoma is the Rodney Dangerfield of Cancer World, but c’mon folks, show us a little love here at The Hotel Melanoma and recognize it’s our awareness month.


But, hey, thanks to leathery nitwits like Tan Mom (a/k/a Mela-Momma) maybe we don’t really need any help from “the establishment”! With gratitude to Tan Mom for being a one-woman awareness campaign about the dangers of tanning beds (and perhaps for parent licensing legislation as well), here’s the Hotel Melanoma version of Bread’s “Baby I’m-a Want You”…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq3biClGRNk

UV, I'm-a want you
UV, I'm-a need you
You the only one I care enough to burn about
Maybe I'm-a crazy
But I just can't live without...


Your fryin' and convection
Brownin’ my complexion
Like a shining light to help me to my darkest hour
Lately I'm a-prayin'
That I’ll always be a-layin' inside thee


Folks can see my hide looks like sun lotions passed me by
Peeling all the while and never really glowing white...


Lately I'm a-raisin'
Fact cells always be mutatin' inside me.


Used to be my fries were from addiction to tan lights
Then C came along and made me pale
And made me white...
Oz taught me lies...


Black C, I'm-a want you
Black C, I'm-a need you
Oh, it won’t take long to find you, Black C


Black C, I'm-a want you
Black C, I'm-a need you

No comments:

Post a Comment