Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Into The Clinic

No ranting, no taunting, no quack baiting, just the Hotel Melanoma version of Van Morrison’s “Into The Mystic”…




It was born below the skin
Maybe something from the sun
Ere the bonnie fight begun as I sailed into the clinic
Park, now here the doctors try
Quell this C and heal this guy
Let your moles and spirit fly into the clinic


And when that CAT scan glows I will be lying prone
And what that report shows I want to hear it
I don't have to fear it


And I hate when docs biopsy moles
Must lie on back on those slabs so cold
And cutaneously I go bold into the clinic


When that lymph node grows you know I will be coming home
And when that chemo whistle blows I won’t go near it
I don't want to hear it


And I want to check asymmetric moles
Must go slay black so my days grow old
And together we go bold into the clinic
Come on cures...

Must go see docs now...

1 comment:

  1. Love this song, Rich (both remix & original!) I'll share it on Facebook sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete