Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Thursday, May 24, 2012

The "Don't Fry Day" Blues

One of my recent posts lampooning Tan Mom elicited a comment from someone I suspect is shilling for the indoor tanning industry. (Our Hotel Chaplain’s blog drew a comment from the same person.) If that’s the case, I guess I should be flattered to have drawn their attention. All I know for certain is that the industry has to be singing the blues about all the negative press it’s received this past month.


So the least I can do is give them a great blues number with new lyrics to sing, my version of Stevie Ray Vaughan’s “The Sky Is Crying”…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s9M-52fRGU


The fry is dyin’....Can't you see my tears roll down the street
The fry is dyin’....Can't you see my tears roll down the street
I've been cooking up my Black C
And I wonder when tans did flee


I saw fry baby early one morning....She was slapping on down sunscreen
I saw fry baby early this morning....She was looking so pale and sweet
You know it hurt me, hurt me so bad
Made my poor heart skip a beat


I've got a real real real real bad feelin
That fry baby she don't love me no more
I've got a real real bad feelin that fry baby don't love me no more
Well , this guy, this guy's been cryin
Can you see my tears when salons close

No comments:

Post a Comment