Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Friday, December 2, 2011

A Yuletide Wish

To the tune of The Beach Boys’ rendition of “White Christmas”…



I'm dreaming of no fried Christmas,
Just like the ones I hope to know.
With no beach babes sizzlin’,
When young folks listen
And fear PET scans all aglow.

I'm dreaming of no fried Christmas,
With every Christmas song I write,
"May your scans be merry, not bright,
And may all your Christmases be live".

I'm dreaming of a pale Christmas,
Just like the ones I’d like to know.
Where the sunscreen glistens,
And Black C’s missin’
’Cause docs learned to end its show.

I'm dreaming of ‘no fright’ Christmas,
With every Christmas blog I write,
"May your moles be normal and right,
And may all your Christmases be bright".

No comments:

Post a Comment