Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Shades Of Grey

As mentioned in a recent post, I have an appointment tomorrow to see the melanoma doc for a six-month checkup and, for the first time in several years, I don’t quite know what to expect will happen. It’s been a long time since I’ve been scanned just for grins, because my doc doesn’t think that’s necessary for a lucky fellow like me who’s been healthy for so long after completing treatment, unless I present symptoms of concern. But when I saw my favorite radiation oncologist ten days ago, he expressed a rather high degree of concern that I’m overdue for scans, to the point he was about to order them himself. He went so far as to say that melanoma is “sneaky” and by the time I presented symptoms of metastasis it’d be “too late”. (That’s the sort of statement that keeps we mole mates awake at night, don’t you think?) So today he sent my melanoma doc an e-mail expressing his concerns.


I know this stuff is all shades of grey, with no black or white answers, but I’m feeling a bit bewildered that two oncologists who treat melanoma patients at the same cancer center apparently have different opinions on this subject. All I know for sure is that I’ll listen to both of them, and then make the call in deciding what’s right for me. After all, I’m the patient.

Until next time, I’ll sign off with The Hotel Melanoma version of The Kinks’ “You Really Got Me”…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk3Ei_yoI4c



Docs, you really got me goin'
You got me so I don't know what needs doin', now
Yeah, you really got me now
You got me so I can't sleep at night

Yeah, you really got me now
You got me so I don't know we're doin', now
Oh yeah, you really got me now
You got me so I can't sleep at night

You Really Got Me!
You Really Got Me!
You Really Got Me !

C, won't ever set me free
I’m always gonna be by your side
Docs, you really got me now
You got me so I can't sleep at night

Yeah, you really got me now
You got me so I don't know what C's doin', now
Oh yeah, you really got me now
You got me so I can't sleep at night

You Really Got Me!
You Really Got Me!
You Really Got Me!
Oh no...

C, won't ever set me free
I’m always gonna save my old hide
Docs, you really got me now
You got me so I can't sleep at night

Yeah, you really got me now
You got me so I don't know how I'm doin', now
Oh yeah, you really got me now
You got me so I can't sleep at night

You Really Got Me!
You Really Got Me!

1 comment:

  1. buy sildigra online To treat erectile dysfunction-ED, take this drug by mouth as directed by your doctor, usually as needed. Take it at least 30 minutes, but no more than 4 hours, before sexual activity. Do not take more than once daily.

    ReplyDelete