Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Monday, October 29, 2012

A Country Monday

It occurred to me over the weekend that I’ve never butchered a classic country song for the melanoma awareness cause. And I suppose it’s high time that I did, so here’s a little ditty to the Black Beast, to the tune of Johnny Cash’s “I Walk The Line”…


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHF9itPLUo4



I keep a close watch on these parts of mine
I keep my eyes wide open all the time
I keep the ‘screen on for the fry that binds
Because you're mine, I lost tan lines

I find it very, very easy to be blue
I check my moles alone when each day is through
Yes, I'll admit that I'm in duel with you
Because you're mine, I block sun light

As sure as night is dark and day is light
I keep ‘screen on my hide both day and night
And healthiness I've known proves that it's right
Because you're mine, I scan at times

You've got a way to keep C on my mind
You give me cause for drugs that I can't ‘bide
For you I know I'd even try to turn the tide
Because you're mine, I had PICC line

I keep a close watch on mole mates of mine
I keep my eyes wide open all the time
I pick new friends out for C tie that binds
Because you're mine, I blog these lines

2 comments:

  1. Great song:) I love how you changed the lyrics. I especially like the last four lines of your lyrics:) Thanks for sharing your writing gift to encourage melanoma warriors:)

    ReplyDelete