Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Solstice Rock

I know I’m a day late, but here’s The Hotel Melanoma version of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers’ “Love is a Long Road”…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSEsmc_H5OU


There was a cure I knew
Docs said they’d dare to clout me
C tried to take my world
No way I thought this could be
Yeah I was desperate then
To have these doctors go bold
But sun has a long, long load


There were so many times
I would stand up and swoon
With my head spinning 'round
I would break from my room
And give nurse one more chance
To try and stave my rolls
Tough love is long, long road


Yeah sun was hard to give up
Some things are hard to let go
Sunscreens are better than snuffed
I guess I only can hope
For maybe one more chance
To try and save my moles
But sun has a long, long load

1 comment:

  1. We mostly blame the sun for melanoma. UV radiation from the sun can damage the DNA in your cells. Sometimes the damage is to the certain genetic code that controls how and when your cells grow and divide. When that happens cells begin to grow out of control and eventually we call it a cancer (melanoma to be precise).

    petadolex reviews

    ReplyDelete