Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Blue Christmas

Here’s one for all of you in the Paler Nation who are still missing the old days of fun in the sun without wearing a SPF hazmat suit and copious amounts of SPF 2K sunscreen. To the tune of Elvis Presley’s “Blue Christmas”…





I’ll have a blue Christmas without U
I’ll be so blue just thinking about U
Med libations of dread on a twin IV tree
Won’t be a sane year, when oncs are near to me

And when those U glow days start mauling
That's when those U memories start calling
I’ll be ‘screenin’ all hide, with my skin tone of white
And I'll have a blue, blue blue blue Christmas

I’ll be hidin’ in fright, with my skin tone of white,
And I'll have a blue, blue blue blue blue Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment