Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Yesterday

My golf game has been quite ‘hazardous’ lately and I’m feeling a lot like the guys in this public service announcement from The American Academy of Dermatology. And I just might rename my golden retriever “Three-Putt”. But if I can’t hit the green, at least I do ‘screen. And I hope you do too.

Until next time, I’ll sign off with The Hotel Melanoma rendition of The Beatles’ “Yesterday”…



Yesterday, all my doubles seemed so far away.
Now it looks as though they're here to stay.
Oh, I still grieve for yesterday.

Suddenly,
I've got half the tan I used to see,
There's a shadow hanging over me,
Oh, paler days came suddenly.

Why C had to grow
I don't know doc couldn't say.
Instead something’s wrong,
Now I long for yesterday.

Yesterday, sun was such a breezy place to play.
Now I need a place to hide from rays.
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Par 3’s have to go
I don't know tee’s up today.
Instead hitting long,
Now I long for better play.

Yesterday, golf was such an easy game to play.
Now I’m bleedin’ case of slice today.
Oh, I believe in Tanqueray.
Mm mm mm mm mm mm mm.

No comments:

Post a Comment