Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Monday, March 26, 2012

Roadkill Rock

Just a little music for my next road trip to the ‘Name Of Rich Oil Dude’ Cancer Pavilion, Crosby, Stills & Nash’s “Southern Cross”…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-qvIvBhSX8


Got out of town in my car goin' to Denver town
Driving a stretch, SUV tailgaiting me
She was makin' for the lane on the outside
And the downhill run to big shopping spree

Off the left on this heading lie the outlet malls
We got highway speeds on the interstate nicely making way
In a noisy room at the clinic docs try to maul you
And as I watch my watch I realize why twice I ran away

Think about how many lines I’ve been bloggin’.
Classic rock's musing me, rocker voices calling.
That tanning brought you to me cannot be forgotten.
I would fly around the world, looking for that Black C cure, which shows we will endure.
And I hope we will, and I hope we will.

When we see our mole map flaws for the first time,
We understand not why we tanned those days.
Cause the moles we might be running from are so small.
But they’re as big as the promise, the promise of those IV days.

So I'm praying for tomorrow, my dreams are not dying.
In my PICC line’s an answer tried and true, tried ‘til the end of game.
I have my drip and all bad cells are a-dyin’.
C is all that I have left and havoc is its game.

Think about how many lines I’ve been bloggin’.
Music is musing me, rocker voices calling.
That tanning brought you to me cannot be forgotten.
(I've been around this lot) I have been around this lot.
(Lookin') Lookin' for a parking spot.
It makes my head feel hot.
And I’m now roadkill, and I’m now roadkill yes.

So we’ve treated and we’ve spyed and we’ve tested
And I’ll never fail, you’ll fail, I’m not the easiest fling for you.
I will survive, you’ll be bested.
Some Ipi time will come along, make me forget about getting you.
And we’ll see who’s boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment