Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Thursday, September 22, 2011

House of The Frying Sun

No ranting about ‘pink fatigue’ today, just a new version of The Animals’ “House of The Rising Sun”…



There is a house in Cancer World,
They call the Frying Sun,
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy,
And God I know I'm one.

My surgeon was a savior,
He cut those margins clean,
My onc doc was a gamblin’ man,
Turned my skin all green.

Now the only thing this patient needs,
Is no bad scans and luck,
And the only time he's satisfied,
Is when his cancer’s ducked.

Oh mother, tell your children,
Not to do what I have done:
To spend your lives in tanning misery,
In the house of the Frying Sun.

Well I got both hands on the keyboard,
’Cause my cause is not in vain,
I'm staying here in Blogosphere,
To sing Black Cancer’s fame.

Well, there is a house in Cancer World,
They call the Frying Sun,
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy,
And God I know I'm one.

No comments:

Post a Comment