Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Handicap Blues



Which is higher these days, my official USGA handicap index or the SPF factor of the sunscreen and golf duds I wear while hacking my way around a challenging mountain golf course that is too tough for my geezer game? I ain’t sayin’. But the way things have been going out there I just might start playing off the ladies tees at some wide open municipal course. Oy.

To the tune of Jackson Browne’s “These Days”…



Well I've been out golfin'
I don't do that much bloggin' these days
These days
These days I seem to think a lot
About the swings that I forgot to do...more true
And all the times I had the chance to

And I am a duffer
And it's so hard to whiff another these days
These days
Now if I seem to be afraid ... to hit the slice that I have played so long
Well it's just that I've been losin' ... fore! It’s gone!

Well I'll keep on movin' ... movin' on
Things are bound to be improvin' these days
One of these days
These days I'll hit on shorter holes
Can’t count the times I’m scorin’ strokes to ten ... my friends
Don't confront me with my failures
I had not forgotten them

No comments:

Post a Comment