Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Mallets For Melanoma



Please come join us this Saturday, August 10, for Colorado Melanoma Foundation’s inaugural event and a day of fun and safe sun!

Until then, I’ll leave you with the Hotel Melanoma rendition of “Come Sail Away” from Styx, which I promise not to sing on Saturday…



I'm paling away,
Set an open course for the white-skinned me,
'Cause I've got to be free,
Free to face the life that's ahead of me,
On board, I'm the captain, so climb aboard,
We'll search for new breakthroughs on every shore,
And I'll try, Oh Lord I'll try, to carry on

I look to ‘skin C’,
Reflections on past days spark my memory,
Some happy, some sad,
I think of childhood friends and UV’s we had,
We lived happily forever, so the story goes,
But somehow we missed out on the normal moles
But we'll try best that we can to carry on

A gathering of onc docs appeared above my bed,
They sang to me this song of hope and this is what they said,
They said come pale away, come pale away, come pale away with me lad,
Come pale away, come pale away, come pale away with me lad,
Come pale away, come pale away, come pale away with me,
Come pale away, come pale away, come pale away with me babe,
Come pale away, come pale away, come pale away with me

I thought that they were crazy, but much to my surprise,
I climbed aboard for pharm drips, I headed for drug trials
Come pale away, come pale away, come pale away with me lad
Come pale away, come pale away, come pale away with me
Come pale away, come pale away, come pale away with me
Come pale away, come pale away, come pale away with me
Come pale away, come pale away, come pale away with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment