Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Monday, November 19, 2012

Not Just A Walk In The Park

I had a marvelous time this past weekend at the AIM Walk For A Cure in Charlotte, NC and, thanks to sneaky smart phone cameras and mobile uploading technology, this and oh so many other incriminating photos will live on forever on Facebook. All I can say is thank heavens I’m retired from law practice and never had any aspirations to run for political office or seek a judicial appointment.

With thanks to my fellow TuTu Man Mark Williams for, both literally and figuratively, getting me into this, here’s the Hotel Melanoma rendition of “Walk Like A Man” from Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtc5HotYOvE


Walk like a man

Oh, how you tried to cut me down to size
Spreadin' UV fries to my ends
But my mole brother said "Never give up ever”
The world isn't comin' to an end"
(He said)

Walk like a man, talk ‘bout the tan
Walk like a man, wear one
No suntan’s worth crawlin' under earth
So walk like a man, wear one

Bye bye Ray C, I don't-a mean maybe
Gonna get along somehow
Soon you'll be dyin' on account of all our tryin'
Oh yeah, just look who's laughin' now
(I'm gonna)

Walk like a man, fast as I can
Walk like a man TuTu’d
I'll tell the world "let’s get about the CURE!"
And walk like a man TuTu’d

No comments:

Post a Comment