Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Making A Difference

Last night’s NBC Nightly News With Brian Williams included an informative segment on the rising incidence of melanoma among young people, particularly young women, and highlighted the role that tanning bed use is playing in this epidemic.
(I've added a link to a video of this segment under the "NBC Nightly News On Melanoma" heading on the right hand side of this page in the Melanoma Patient Resources And Blogs link list.) With gratitude to Brian and the crew for “making a difference” at The Hotel Melanoma, here’s my take on Creedence Clearwater Revival’s “Who’ll Stop The Rain”…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIPan-rEQJA


Long as I remember, there’s pain from tannin’ brown.
Shrouds of UV mournin', confusion all around.
Good kids through the ages, tryin' to find the sun;
And I wonder, still I wonder, who'll stop the pain.

I went up to Denver, seekin' shelter from C’s storm.
Laid up on the table, I watched the doc frowns grow.
Five year plans ain’t new deal, trapped in Hotel chain.
And I wonder, still I wonder who'll stop the pain.

Heard my doctors sayin’, how I’ve beat the score.
Black crowd has come together, tryin' to kids warn.
Seems in vain and borin', fallin' on deaf ears.
And I wonder, still I wonder who'll stop the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment