Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Just In The Skin

It’s been suggested that a lyrical blogger from Kansas simply must do a song by Kansas. I never much liked this song, but that’s never stopped me before, so here goes-- Kansas’ “Dust In The Wind”…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH2w6Oxx0kQ


I chose my fries, sun C born in moments, and my moment's gone
All my dreams, pass before my eyes from cutaneous C
Just in the skin, our cancer is just in the skin
Same old song, just a cut from doctors, not an endless C
Stall we do, endless chemo rounds, though we can’t lose this C

Just in the skin, our cancer is just in the skin

Don't tan on, no skin lasts forever so don’t let it fry
C’s grip will stay, all your money won't another minute buy

Just in the skin, all C's scars aren't just in the skin

No comments:

Post a Comment