Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Friday, January 6, 2012

If You're Feeling 'Moody Blue'

A request, The Moody Blues’ “Nights In White Satin”…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9muzyOd4Lh8


Nights of fright whackin’, never reaching the end,
Nurse calls I'm hittin’, never meaning to send.
Beauty I'd always missed with those fries before.
Just where my youth went, I can't say anymore.

'Cos docs drug you, yes docs drug you, oh how docs drug you.

Gazing at people, some tannin’ fans,
Just what we’re going through they can't understand.
Some try to tell we, thoughts they cannot defend,
Just what they want to see, they will see in their friends.

And I’m drugged new, yes I’m drugged new,
Oh how I’m drugged new, oh how I’m drugged new.

Frights if moles blacken, ever preaching tan’s end,
Blog posts I've written, ever keen to offend
Beauty is ‘screenin’ mist, not those fries before.
Just what C’s truth is, I will say evermore.

'Cos I’m drugged blue, yes I’m drugged blue,
Oh how I’m drugged blue, oh how I’m drugged blue.
'Cos I’m drugged blue, yes I’m drugged blue,
Oh how I’m drugged blue, oh how I’m drugged blue.

Breath deep
The gathering gloom
Watch tans made
In UV ray tubes
Bed quitter people
Look back and lament
Another day's foolish
tanning was spent

Addicted sun lovers’
Hassle will come
Stage III man cries for cure
And has none
New mother picks up
And sunblocks her son
Senior citizens
Wish skin was young

Cold hearted nodes
That duel this plight
Remove black cancer
From our sight
Dead’s not gay, it’s
Yervoy’s fight
But who decides
Which drug’s right
And
When it’s for infusin’

No comments:

Post a Comment