Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sunspot Ray C

As suggested by my melahomie Paul Hummel, here’s a new version of Bob Seger’s “Sunspot Baby”…



You swelled up my nodes and you sent me down this road
Left me here battered with hospitals owed
You made my old heart arrest
You maxed out my American Express
Sunspot Ray C
You sure made me know I’m blessed

You made me get poisoned like a weed out in my yard
Blew through a fortune on insurance charge
You dimmed my suntan and my brain
Life will never be sane
Sunspot Ray C
Your cure’s a matter of time

They scan me with magnets
They scan me with rays
I hope and I pray that insurance pays
They check all my lymph nodes and they say you are gone
I can't understand why it took you so long

But they whacked you with drugs
And you could not take the load
Hope I am stayin’ on that remission road
You stole my suntan and my brain
And life will never be sane
Sunspot Ray C
We’re gonna cure you sometime
Cure’s a matter of time


Happy Summer Solstice!

No comments:

Post a Comment