Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Seventh Heaven

Today is the 7th anniversary of my little blog. Its continuing existence is either evidence of an excessive degree of self-absorption or a celebration of long term survivorship. You be the judge. I’d prefer to believe that because I’ve been blessed with good fortune, every so often I feel an obligation to hold my hand up and be counted among the still-living at The Hotel Melanoma.

My golf game still stinks, partly due to various effects of past treatments, but I’ve lived to a time when a recurrence would no longer be an almost certain death sentence. And I can live with my frequent 3-putts and travails on ‘the beach’. I guess my blogging still makes me happy, as I hope it does a few of you too. Maybe today I’m on temporary furlough from the Hotel Melanoma and am living in seventh heaven. And for that, I’m thankful.

So, I’ll sign off with The Hotel Melanoma rendition of Sheryl Crow’s “If It Makes You Happy”…



I've been long, a long way from here
Put on an onc show, strayed from placebos
And tanked till I was earthly again
I went searching through scrips store jungles
Found melanoma’s frightful, medicine’s snafu
And many good men’s horrid bad end

Well, o.k. I made this up
I promise you I'll never give up

If it makes you happy
It can't be that bad
If it makes you happy
Then why the hell are you so sad?

You get down, real low down
You stiffen your whole brain, derail your own pain
Well who hasn't been there before?
I come round, around the hard way
Bring you comics in bed, scrape the moles off your head
And serve you fresh post again

Well, o.k. I still get stoned
I'm not the kind of pearl you'd take home

If it makes you happy
It can't be that bad
If it makes you happy
Then why the hell are you so sad?

If it makes you happy
It can't be that bad
If it makes you happy
Then why the hell are you so sad?

We've been far, far away from here
Put on an onc show, strayed from placebos
And everywhere in between
Well, o.k. we get along
So what if right now everything's wrong?

If it makes you happy
It can't be that bad
If it makes you happy
Then why the hell are you so sad?

If it makes you happy
It can't be that bad
If it makes you happy
Then why the hell are you so sad?

28 comments:

  1. ROCKSTAR #DontStopBelievin Buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice blog. If you are planning to visit Shimla and trying to find the Best 3 Star Hotel in Shimla then visit hotel ck international.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting article! Thank you for sharing them! I hope you will continue to have similar posts to share with everyone.
    Best Hotels in Vijayawada
    Luxury Hotels in Vijayawada

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an informative post and its nice to hear that there is a Hotel Melanoma " Hotel Carcinoma " who makes cancer survivors as their guest. W'ell I was impressed with this. Thank you for sharing this with us.


    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks For Sharing his Best Article. Best Website Development Company In Anand. And Best Mobile App Developing Company.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I appreciated this article and happy to came across here. Thank you for sharing. affordable accommodation in bangkok

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is Very very nice article. Everyone should read. Thanks for sharing. Don't miss world's best CarGame

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good day !!
    We are Christian Organization formed to help people in need of help,such as
    financial assistance, Do you need a loan to pay your bills? Do you need
    Personal Business Car or Student loans? Need a loan for various other
    purposes? If yes contact us today.
    Please these is for serious minded and God fearing People.
    Email: (jacksonwaltonloancompany@gmail.com)
    Text or call: +1-586-331-5557.
    Address is 68 Fremont Ave Penrose CO, 81240.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for this post I was looking for more ideas and tips..
    Planning to try mori..

    Where & What to Eat in Bangkok

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a blog to watch for sure. I think you have a really awesome writing style by the way. Very easy to read. Your blog design is so clean too! Thank you all the hard work!

    Seafood Buffet Dinner Bangkok

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well!

    Resorts and Boutique Hotels Bangkok

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well!

    Resorts and Boutique Hotels Bangkok

    ReplyDelete
  19. Halo, ben Ekvatorlu Helena Julio, bu konuda Le_Meridian Funding Investors hakkında iyi konuşmak istiyorum. Le_Meridian Funding Investors, şehrimdeki tüm bankaların bana 500.000,00 USD tutarında kredi verme talebim reddettiğinde bana maddi destek veriyor, ben Ekvator'daki bankalarımdan borç almak için elimden geleni yaptım ama hepsi geri çevirdiler çünkü kredim düşüktü ama Tanrı lütfuyla Le_Meridian'ı tanımaya başladım, bu yüzden kredi başvurusunda bulunmaya karar verdim. İnşallah bana 500.000,00 USD'lik kredi verdiler. Ekvator'daki bankalarımın beni geri çevirdiği kredi talebi, onlarla iş yapmak gerçekten harikaydı ve işim iyi gidiyor. İşte bunlardan kredi başvurusu yapmak istiyorsanız Le_Meridian Funding Yatırım E-posta / WhatsApp İrtibatı: E-posta:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp İletişim: 1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is very nice article on that topic. I was looking for something like which is interesting and knowledgeable. Do you know that Agrawal Construction Company has the most amazing townships, especially top builders In Bhopal, with the name Sagar Green Hills. It is located in the lap of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  21. As reported by Stanford Medical, It's in fact the SINGLE reason this country's women live 10 years longer and weigh an average of 42 pounds lighter than we do.

    (And realistically, it really has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret diet and really, EVERYTHING to do with "HOW" they eat.)

    P.S, I said "HOW", and not "WHAT"...

    Click on this link to uncover if this quick quiz can help you find out your true weight loss possibilities

    ReplyDelete
  22. In addition to earning New World Coins in the New World, you can also buy directly online.

    Attached link: https://www.iggm.com/new-world-coins

    ReplyDelete