Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pembro-what?

The wonderful melanoma treatment news this week is that Merck’s PD-1 drug, Pembrolizumab, is likely within weeks of receiving FDA approval. (By the way, does the pharmaceutical industry believe that the less pronounceable a new cancer drug’s name is, the more they can charge for it per dose?) Read all about it here.

I know there are so many folks here at The Hotel Melanoma who’ve run out of other options and been rather anxiously, to put it mildly, awaiting the availability of PD-1 treatment. With hopes and prayers this is the lifesaver for them, here’s The Hotel Melanoma rendition of ZZ Top’s “Tush”…



I been up, I been down.
Take my word, my days weigh down.
I ain't askin' for much.
I said, Lord, make C pipe down,
I'm just lookin' for some drugs.

I been sad, I’ve withstood,
Malice nexus, it ain’t good.
I ain't askin' for much.
I said, Lord, it’s a countdown,
I'm just lookin' for some drugs.

Take me back way back home,
Not by myself, not alone.
I ain't askin' for much.
I said, Lord, make C bow down,
I'm just lookin' for some drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment