Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Cabin Fever Rock



It’s been a very rough winter for so much of the country, including my neck of the woods where it was 15 degrees below zero this morning. Again. I was out shoveling the driveway yesterday morning and my eyelashes were forming ice crystals. So I’d imagine that millions of Americans share my urge to use Punxsutawney Phil for a bit of target practice, even though we know the little critter is not to blame for our long winter of discontent. But there’s just nothing as cold as the indoor tanning industry, which will gladly sell a carcinogen to teenagers. And I believe that someday soon the industry will follow in the footsteps of the tobacco industry and pay the price for its deceptive and misleading claims about the safety and health benefits of its product.

For my ‘friends’ in the indoor tanning industry, here’s the Hotel Melanoma rendition of Foreigner’s “Cold as Ice”…



You're as cold as ice
You're willing to sacrifice our young

You’d rather make the lies
Someday you'll pay the price, I know

I've seen it before, it happens all the time
(Oooh-oooh) You're op’ning the door, you grieve young girls inside
You're digging for gold, you're throwing away
(Aaah-aaah) A fortune in teenlings, but someday you'll pay

You're as cold as ice
You're willing to sacrifice our young

You flaunt bad advice
But someday you'll pay the price, I know

I've seen it before, (oooh-oooh) it happens all the time
(Oooh-oooh) You're posing sun bore, you leave young girls skin-fried
You're digging for gold, (aaah-aaah) you're throwing away
(Aaah-aaah) A fortune in teenlings, but someday you'll pay
(Cold as ice) You know that you are
(Cold-cold, As-as ice) As cold as ice to me
(Cold-cold-cold, As-as-as ice)

(Ooh-ooh-ooh) (Cold as, cold as I-I ice) (You're as cold ice) yes
(Cold as ice) You're as cold as ice, cold as ice, I know
(Cold as ice) (Cold as, cold as ice) Yes I know
(Cold as ice) (Cold as, cold as ice) You're as cold as ice, cold as ice, I know
(Cold as ice) (Cold as, cold as ice) Oh yes I know
(Cold as ice) (Cold as, cold as ice) You're as cold as ice, cold as ice, I know
(Cold as ice) (Cold as, cold as ice) Oh yes I know
(Cold as ice) (Cold as, cold as ice) You're as cold as ice, you're as cold as ice, I know

1 comment:

  1. suhagra force 50 mg is a combination of two medicines used in the treatment of premature ejaculation in adult men. It increases blood flow to the penis to help men get an erection. It should be strictly taken as advised by your doctor.

    ReplyDelete