Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Legs



This coming Saturday I’ll be participating in my second AIM For The Cure Melanoma Walk in Charlotte, North Carolina. I’d be tickled black to have folks sponsor me, or somebody, but next weekend is more about fellowship than fundraising. For example, the melahomie who surreptitiously took this picture at last year’s walk is one of the folks I’m really looking forward to seeing again. Although I won’t let her get behind me again during the walk.

For my fellow Man in Black, and all who will be there in person or in spirit, The Hotel Melanoma rendition of ZZ Top’s “Legs”…



They got legs, they know how to use them
They never beg, they know how to woo skins
They only let you wonder how to feel them
Would you get behind them if you could only find them
Feel like ladies, feel like ladies
Yeah, it's all right

They got dare down to their fanny
They got a dress slit right up to their manlies
Every time they prancin' they know what to do
Everybody wants to see, see if C can lose it
C’s so ‘fine’, C’s all mine
Cure, you got it right

They got legs, they know how to use them
They never beg, they know how to woo skins
C stalks the hide all of the time
Stays out of sight movin' through time
Oh, I want cure, said I got to have cure
The cure is so nigh, C’s all fright

No comments:

Post a Comment