Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Friday, May 3, 2013

Paint It Black

As near as I can tell, the American Academy of Dermatology’s “Spot Orange For Melanoma Monday” campaign is proving to be about as popular with the melanoma community as telling a bunch of Irish-Americans to wear pink at next year’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade. Please join us on Melanoma Black Monday, May 6, and paint it black! From the one and only Rolling Stones... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6d8eKvegLI I see the orange bores and I want them painted black. No colors anymore I want them to turn black. I see the derms walk by dressed in their doctor clothes. I have to turn my head until awareness grows. I see long line of scars and they're all tainted black. With warriors and my sun both never to come back. I see people turn their heads and quickly look away. Like the U-born Black C it just happens every day. I look inside myself and see my heart’s with black. I see an orange hoard and must have it painted black. Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to raise greenbacks. It's not easy palin' up when your whole world is black. No more will my mean C go turn a Cheeto hue. I could not foresee this thing happening to you. If I block hard enough until the settin’ sun. My docs will laugh at C before the mournin' comes. I see the orange bores and I want them painted black. No colors anymore I want them to turn black. I see the derms walk by dressed in their doctor clothes. I have to turn my head until awareness grows. Hmm, hmm, hmm,... I wanna see it painted, painted black. Black as night, black as coal. I wanna see the sun blotted out from the sky. I wanna see it painted, painted, painted, painted black. Yeah! Hmm, hmm, hmm,...

1 comment: