Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Friday, May 10, 2013

Melanistas Rule

I think it’s fair to say that the grassroots community of folks who actually have melanoma (directly or though a loved one) made it quite clear to the American Academy of Dermatology that we really don’t like anyone messin’ with our designated cancer awareness color, BLACK. Having given AAD a pretty hard time myself over their ‘SPOT Cheetos’ campaign, it’s high time I acknowledged some things AAD is doing so very right. AAD and its member physicians are performing a huge public health service by supporting legislation that would restrict the use of tanning beds by kids under age 18 and refuting the quack science claims of the tanning coffin industry that their product is a safe source of vitamin D. So for that, I thank you. But I just couldn’t resist doing one more song, to the tune of AC/DC’s “Girl’s Got Rhythm”… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt6RhEWMRFc I look around C world. I see some brilliant derms. But ain't one of them got. What my maties we’ve got. We’re stealin' the spotlight. Knocks me off my feet. We’re enough to start a landslide. Just a walkin' down the street. Wearing tutus so right. And looking dynamite. I like to style me out. No doubt about it can live without it. The derms got whippin’. The derms got whippin’. They got the black peeps whippin’. The derms got whippin’. C's like a lethal brand. Too deep for any tan. C gives me first degree. C really terrifies me. Drug me till I'm witless. Aching and sore. Enough to stop a freight train. Or start the Third World War. You know I'm losin' sleep. That it’s in too deep. Like my body needs blood. No doubt about it can live without it. The derms got whippin’. The derms got whippin’. They got the black peeps whippin’. The derms got whippin’. You know C moves like sin. And then C’s not ‘just skin’. It likes foolin’ drugs. No doubt about it can live without it. The derms got whippin’. The derms got whippin’. They got the black peeps whippin’. The derms got whippin’. You know they really got the whippin’. They got the black peep’s whippin’. Rock 'n' roll whippin’. The derms got whippin’.

No comments:

Post a Comment