Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Friday, August 19, 2011

Thanks, Docs!

Thanks to University of Colorado Cancer Center oncologists Bill Robinson and Karl Lewis, I’m still here and able to annoy ‘net surfers with a silly blog that Google search results fool them into visiting when they are looking for something entirely different. (This blog recently trapped somebody who really just wanted to know whether rocker John Mellencamp has a bald spot, although I can’t fathom why anyone would care to know that.)

I don’t have a clue whether either of these fine physicians likes the song, but I sure do, so here’s a new version of Santana’s “Black Magic Woman”…



I got a Black Cancer Doctor.
I got a Black Cancer Doctor.
Yes, I got a Black Cancer Doctor,
He’s drugged me so I’m cancer-free;
Yes he's a Black Cancer Doctor and
he's trying to keep this devil out of me.

I’ll turn my back on Black Cancer.
I’ll turn my back on Black Cancer.
Yes, I’ll turn my back on Black Cancer,
Won't mess around with your tricks;
I’ll turn my back on Black Cancer,
'cause you can’t survive those chemo kicks.

You put your spell on my cancer.
You put your spell on my cancer.
Yes, you put your spell on my cancer,
Turnin' my brain into stone;
I need you so bad,
Cancer Doctor I can't leave you alone.


Please support the melanoma treatment program at the University of Colorado Cancer Center!

No comments:

Post a Comment