Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Imagine

For Jillian and her family and friends, an update of the Hotel Melanoma rendition of John Lennon’s “Imagine”...


Imagine there's no tannin’
It's easy if you try
No death to know us
Among us only life
Imagine no more people
Living for the rays...

Imagine there's no sun C
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or cry for
And no infusion too
Imagine all young people
Living life complete...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And C's world will be so done

Imagine no infusions
I wonder if you can
No need for docs or chemo
A motherhood as planned
Imagine all mole people
Sharing in the cure...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And our words will be as one

2 comments:

  1. This one is a hard one to accept...damn it. Too young.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Thank you, my friend. I can imagine this! I may be a dreamer, but I believe that dreams come true. :)

    ReplyDelete