Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Friday, February 10, 2012

The Long Run

I’ve been blessed with eight years of “NED” status, although my doc has never used that particular term. That’s a long run. Much longer than I ever thought I’d have. And I often wonder whether I’ve used it well. If my long run of good luck ends the next time I have a checkup, what will I be thinking about what I’ve done and haven’t done with these years of borrowed time? Who’s going to win this race in the long run, me or the Black C?

Yikes, but I need to stop thinking and start rocking. My version of The Eagles’ “The Long Run”…


Eagles - The Long Run by ZombieQuack

I liked my UVs a lot, I never sunscreened a lot,
I used to play out in the mid of day.
Oh, I didn't get it,
It was high time I quit it.
I just couldn't carry on that way.
Oh, I did some damage, I know it's true.
Didn't know I was so mortal, till I got you.
Who can go the distance,
We'll find out, in the long run.
(in the long run)
I can handle some resistance,
if my drug, is a strong one
(is a strong one)
Folks don’t know much about you,
they got nothin' like a clue
when it all comes down they will
wish they’d knew.
In the long run.
Ooh, I want to tell you, it's a long run.
You know I don't understand, why you don't
treat myself better,
do the crazy things that you do.
'Cause all the cancer docs in Houston, Black C,
couldn't get a handle on you.
Can we kill you with drugs?
Can we raise enough money?
Do you do it for spite?
Do you think you have to, Black C?
Who is gonna make it?
We'll find out, in the long run.
(in the long run)
I know we can make it,
if our drug, is a strong one.
(is a strong one)
Well, we're scared, but we ain't shakin'.
Kinda bent, but we ain't breakin'.
In the long run,
Ooh, I want to tell you, it's a long run.
In the long run, Ooh, ahh, ehh.
In the long run
Going to find out, f-f-f-f-find out.
Long long long long, long long long long.
Ooh run run run Black C, run run Black C.
Long, long, long, long.
Ooh, ahh, ehh, ehh.

1 comment:

  1. I understand. I don't know what you have been doing in your life outside of the internet, but I know the time you have been spent on this blog has been worthwhile. It definitely has helped me.

    ReplyDelete