Introduction

The "Hotel Melanoma" moniker is a metaphor for living with my particular brand of cancer. Except for those lucky few of us deemed "cured", all we cancer survivors are guests of one of the many, many branded hotels in the "Hotel Carcinoma" chain. We can check out any time we like, but we can never leave. Meanwhile, let's be livin' it up; and please support cancer education, prevention, and treatment research.



Tutu Brothers

Friday, September 30, 2011

Better Living Through Toxic Chemistry

Like I’ve said here before, I would’ve swallowed plutonium if that had been the recommended course of treatment and I chose the most aggressive option that was offered. No regrets. But for all of you mulling over your treatment options, including that “wait and see” option that is so often a rational choice on the too-short menu at this Hotel, all I can say is do what’s right for you and don’t ever second-guess your decision.

And do your best not to whine too much if your chosen course of treatment makes you feel like roadkill, because all that'll accomplish is making yourself and your loved ones miserable.  It’s Friday night, so I’ll leave you with my version of ZZ Top’s “Gimme Me All Your Lovin’” to start cranking up your weekend…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4VFFBCa5Aw



I got to have a shot of what you got until it’s beat.
I got to take my shot, like a boomerang I’ll take a repeat,

Gimme all your druggin', all your hits and misses too,
Gimme all your druggin', don't let up until we're through,

You got to whip it up and hit me like a ton of lead,
If I blow my top will you stop it before I’m dead?

Gimme all your druggin', all your hits and misses too,
Gimme all your druggin', don't let up until we're through.

You got to pump me up and kill it with those toxic goods.
You got to drug me up, beat it like I wish we could.

Gimme all your druggin', all your hits and misses too.
Gimme all your druggin', don't let up until we're through.

No comments:

Post a Comment